Last updated: March 1st, 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the BibleBot Discord bot (BibleBot#1110; the “Service”) operated by Elliott Pardee (“I”, “me”, or “my”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then it is advised that you opt out. Read below for applicable information.
The Service primarily allows you to reference Bible verses through inputting a reference and receiving the appropriate result. It additionally allows for user and server preferences in regards to translation used, interface language used, scheduling, and various format settings. The Service also contains commands that are solely for vanity purposes and have no core function outside of a plaintext message (for example,
+invite). All commands can be found documented by using
+biblebot in a channel where BibleBot has the appropriate permissions.
There is no warranty on the Service, meaning that your ability to use the Service can be taken away at any time, for any reason.
The Service collects the following data as a result of interaction with the bot:
- User and Server (“Guild”) IDs (a Discord snowflake)
- Preferences of version, interface language, scheduling channels and times, and dividing brackets.
- Global server count (i.e. the amount of servers the Service is handling)
- Global user count (i.e. the amount of users the Service is handling)
Additionally, the Service makes a temporary log that is not saved to a file. The Service logs the following information when you interact with the Service:
- The username and discriminator (i.e.
vypr#0001) of the author of the message.
- The name of the guild that the message belongs to.
- The name of the channel that the message belongs to.
- The shard used for this interaction.
- The applicable parts of the message where a command is used or a verse is referenced.
In the future, the following may also be part of this log:
- User and/or Server IDs (a Discord snowflake)
The Service does not collect or log messages where there is no interaction with the bot.
How is my data used?
The Service and I use your data in the following ways:
- In order to make the functions cater to your needs (such as using your preferred version or interface language).
- To create analytics of how much a version or language is used in order to improve the Service in the future.
No user data is handed to third-parties and generally stays on the Service’s server unless for the internal usages outlined above.
How do I opt out of data collection?
- Contact me at one of the options provided below, be sure to include your user ID (if you cannot find it, it can be obtained for you).
All opt out requests will be handled with 24-48 hours. Please note that opt out requires keeping your Discord ID in a database to ensure that the bot will not do anything if it receives something from you. If opting out, this is the only data that will remain.
Links To Other Web Sites
The Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Elliott Pardee.
Elliott Pardee has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Elliott Pardee shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
Please note that this is solely for hyperlinking to other websites. None of your data is sent to any third-party.
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material I will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at my sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me via email at
vypr [at] biblebot [dot] xyz, on Discord at
vypr#0001, or on the BibleBot Discord server (see
+biblebot for the invite link).