Last updated: May 22nd, 2018
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the BibleBot Discord bot (the “Service”) operated by Elliott “vypr” Pardee (“I”, “me”, or “my”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
The Service allows you to reference Bible verses through inputting a reference and receiving the appropriate result (i.e.
John 1:1 NRSV will return “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”). It additionally allows for user and server preferences in regards to translation used, interface language used, scheduling, and various format settings. The Service also contains commands that are solely for vanity purposes and have no core function outside of a plaintext message (for example,
+invite). All commands can be found documented at https://github.com/BibleBot/BibleBot or by using
+biblebot in a channel where BibleBot can send messages.
The Service allows virtually all use cases besides the following:
+searchwith profane messages.
- Interacting with the Service in a deliberate attempt to cause disruption to the Service.
- Using the bot in a way that is damaging to the contributors of the Service.
Abusing the Service in such ways may result in being forbidden from using the Service. Additionally, there is no warranty on the Service.
The Service collects the following data as a result of interaction with the bot:
- User and Server IDs (a Discord snowflake)
- Preferences of version, interface language, scheduling channels and times, and dividing brackets.
- Global server count (i.e. the amount of servers the Service is handling)
- Global user count (i.e. the amount of users the Service is handling)
Additionally, the Service makes a temporary log that is not saved to a file. The Service logs the following information when you interact with the Service (i.e. using a command or referencing a verse):
- The username and discriminator (i.e.
vypr#9944) of the author of the message.
- The name of the guild that the message belongs to.
- The name of the channel that the message belongs to.
- The shard used for this interaction.
- The applicable parts of the message where a command is used or a verse is referenced.
In the future, the following may also be part of this log:
- User and/or Server IDs (a Discord snowflake)
The Service does not collect or log messages where the Service is not interacted with. The Service does not log full message even when the Service is interacted with, but only the commands (and applicable arguments of command) and references.
How is my data used?
The Service and I use your data in the following ways:
- In order to make the functions cater to your needs (such as using your preferred version or interface language).
- To create analytics of how much a version or language is used in order to improve the Service in the future (i.e. how many users use <insert language/version here> as their preferred language/version).
- In the case of User and Server IDs, to keep track of who is banned or not (reasons for bans are not logged in any way).
No user data is handed to third-parties and generally stays on the Service’s server unless for the internal usages outlined above.
How do I opt out of data collection?
- Cease all interaction with the Service on any server to prevent any data collection.
- Contact me at one of the options provided below, be sure to include your user ID (if you cannot find it, it can be obtained for you).
All opt out requests will be handled with 24-48 hours. Please note that if you decide to interact with the Service once more, your opt out request will not apply to new data gathered from your interaction.
Links To Other Web Sites
The Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Elliott “vypr” Pardee.
Elliott “vypr” Pardee has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Elliott “vypr” Pardee shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
Please note that this is solely for hyperlinking to other websites. None of your data is sent to any third-party.
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material I will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at my sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me via email at
vypr [at] biblebot [dot] xyz, on Discord at
vypr#9944, or on the BibleBot Discord server (see
+biblebot for the invite link).